Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Throwback

The stroke of genius Commander Hadfield demonstrates in this weirdly popular video is that he synergized Bowie's iconography and the space program: two things that fit together so well because they both fell apart so spectacularly in 1986.

Challenger explosion.jpg
This can be a "challenging" image for Millenials to identify

I say, "Pfft," loudly and derisively to the whole scene. Call me when it's galaxy hero Commander Shepard singing in space and not some hoser with the mustache of a retired fireman and the body of someone whose muscle mass evaporated in zero gravity. If I want shitty karaoke with the occasional cool image of Earth from space thrown in to retain a modicum of my attention then I'll bring my Planet Earth DVDs down to the local pub on Wednesdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment