Sunday, December 2, 2012

Two Thumbs Up

I know there's a fine line between parody and homage but I think Skyfall is the best homage to Home Alone I've seen in a long time. I hope childhood-home-invasion-defended-against-by-booby-traps-with-the-help-of-an-old-woman/man gets added to the list of boxes that have to be checked off by every Bond script, the list that already includes Q giving Bond gadgets and the villain capturing Bond so they can have a heart-to-heart before Bond escapes by grabbing a henchman's gun when the henchman stands too close. (Why do they do this, by the way? If I was a Bond villain I would train my henchman so they could hit a target from further than 1 foot away, then they wouldn't have to stand so close.)

Seriously though, Skyfall is a great Bond movie. I just wished they showed how he kept saving himself from drowning and/or hypothermia.

No comments:

Post a Comment