Monday, August 15, 2011

My Body Is a 1999 Buick Century

There is an interesting* article in the Globe & Mail today about athletes that eat junk food. The article compares your body to a high-performance vehicle that demands care and attention and asks whether you would put low-grade gas in your Mercedes.

It's a good analogy, but I think I would probably sell the Mercedes in that situation then use a fraction of the proceeds to buy a used car as a replacement and spend the rest of the money on beef jerky and video games. Then I would drive by the Mercedes dealership and loathe myself.

*: Actually, the article was not interesting at all -- it was the typical mix of mildly interesting anecdotes about unusual cases with platitudes about the importance of eating right and exercising -- but I felt I needed to say the article was interesting for the set-up to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment